Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 196.

Montag, 12. November 2018, 06:34

Forenbeitrag von: »zxlbxj1«

when were losing during the g

With the Vancouver Canucks officially eliminated from playoff contention on Monday night, there may be an off-ice shakeup on the horizon. TSN Hockey Insiders Pierre LeBrun, Darren Dreger and Bob McKenzie all tweeted on Tuesday morning that changes for the struggling franchise could be on the way sooner than later. The Canucks have been eliminated from the postseason for the first time since 2008. Dreger and McKenzie hinted that former Canucks captain and fan favourite Trevor Linden may be part o...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 06:31

s 0-2 in four starts sinc

TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays were swept in the Bronx last week and will try to return the favour Wednesday versus the New York Yankees at Rogers Centre. The Blue Jays lost all three games at Yankee Stadium from June 17-19, but have taken the first two installments of this set, including Tuesdays 7-6 win courtesy of a throwing error by Yankees third baseman Yangervis Solarte in the bottom of the ninth inning. Jose Reyes started the inning with a double and came around to score after Melky Cabr...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 06:27

Pocono crowd plenty of reason

Mason gets the Flyers to even, Toews lifts the Blackhawks to another OT win and Getzlafs return helps Ducks pull away from the Stars. Also, notes on Richards, Leddy, Horcoff and more. FREE MASON Steve Mason, making his first start of the playoffs, stopped 37 of 38 New York Rangers shots to lead the Philadelphdecide which team reaches the quarterfinals. Jaydon Mickens Jersey . As if he had been rehearsing it, Vasquez looked around with a grimacing stare as he clinched two fists and flexed his mus...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 06:24

t against Houston

CHICAGO -- Dale Sveum doesnt know if hell be coming back for a third season as manager of the Chicago Cubs. Sveum is under contract to return for 2014. But team president Theo Epstein has said all jobs will be evaluated after another losing season. "Im not going to sit here and lie that youre not wondering whats going to happen in four to five days from now. Thats just human nature," Sveum said Wednesday before the Cubs game against the Pittsburgh Pirates. "Theres nothing you can do about it, or...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 06:21

the considerable effort of M

HAMILTON, Ont. -- The only role that the Hamilton Bulldogs have left to play is that of the spoiler, and on Saturday, they nearly made victims of the Rochester Americans. Phil Varone scored the shootout winner as the Americans overcame a third-period collapse for a crucial 4-3 win against the Bulldogs in American Hockey League action. Hamilton head coach Sylvain Lefebvre said he was pleased with his teams performance, even if it came in a losing effort. "Kudos to the guys, because although we ca...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 06:17

23rd minute at Anoeta Stadium

NEW YORK -- The newest team in Major League Soccer is doing its part to fill Yankee Stadium with stars. New York City FC introduced Frank Lampard in Brooklyn on Thursday after signing the 36-year-old former Chelsea midfielder to a two-year contract. "Why not New York? Talk about ticking all the boxes. I want to carry on challenging myself." Lampard said at a news conference . "Thats a great challenge, isnt it? City of hopes and dreams. Thats where you want to go to and play isnt it?" The club ow...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 06:14

ecord for that month

VANCOUVER -- More than four years after the Olympic flame went out on the West Coast, the Vancouver Organizing Committee has released its final reports and turned out the lights. VANOC says the 2010 Games broke even, with total revenues and expenses just shy of $1.9 billion. At the end of the day, the federal government contributed $74.4 million, the British Columbia government $113.4 million, other governments $176 million, and the International Olympic Committee $659 million in sponsorships an...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 06:11

come here in good shape

DALLAS - Mavericks guard Jose Calderon was barely two minutes into his post-shoot around assembly with the media before he was blindsided by the first of many hugsgames and is almost 10 years younger. Perreault is looking forward to getting time on Winnipegs power-play units, something that didnt happen with either the Anaheim Ducks or Washington Capitals. "Other than that, I think my role is going to be pretty similar, like third-line (or) second-line centre," he said. "If theres injuries I can...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 06:07

States 31 points in the first half

Former England forwards coach Graham Rowntree has been confirmed in a new-look management set-up at Harlequins. Rowntree, who has been out of work since leaving his role with England following the disappointing 2015 World Cup campaign, will provide assistance to new Quins head coach Mark Mapletoft from the start of next season. To have the opportunity to coach at such a prestigious and historic club really excites me, Rowntree told the clubs official website. Harlequins has a very talented playi...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 06:04

Selanne got just eight shifts b

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- There was a time around here when Phil Mickelsons nerves were stretched so tight, you could bounce a quarter off em and have it land in Atlanta. That was exactly 10 years, five majors and three green jackets ago. He arrived that week 0 for 42 in the tournaments that matter and left as one of the most contes and having that confidence and experience to build on." But if Mickelson was concerned about his chances, he might have been the only one in the room. "Now that youve won five...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 06:01

i player on the sideline.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles has been knocked around all season, getting sacked 46 times in 12 games.Hes probably fortunate he made it this far . - Leon Draisaitl scored a hat trick as the Prince Albert Raiders stormed past the Swift Current Broncos 5-2 in Western Hockey League action Tuesday. Mason Crosby Jersey . Seager had another triple, a home run and a double in a rare feat not seen in more than 40 years, leading Felix Hernandez and the Seattle Marine...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 05:57

The rebounding "was obviously the

Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick underwent surgery Tuesday to repair a wrist injury. A Kings spokesman confirmed the surgery and said in an email that the 28-year-old would be out 10 to 12 weeks. Quick was injured during the second round of the playoffs, in the Kings series against the Anaheim Ducks, according to the spokesman. Quick did not miss a game, helping Los Angeles win the Stanley Cup in five games over the New York Rangers. The team spokesman was able to reveal which wrist h...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 05:54

in the pre-season and played

on-leHOUSTON -- Derek Jeter began the first game of his final season by getting plunked with a pitch. The Astros then beat up on CC Sabathia even worse, ensuring the captains farewel not goom/?tag=jaydon-mickens-jersey-sale]Jaydon Mickens Jersey[/url] . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got h...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 05:50

raight matches and winning

Jose Mourinho refused to comment on reports linking him with a move to manage Manchester United while leaving the O2 Arena. Sky sources report that Mourinho is set to replace Louis van Gaal as the next manager of Manchester United.As he left The O2 following David Hayes win over Arnold Gjergjaj in a heavyweight boxing fight, Mourinho was questioned by Sky Sports News HQ reporter Paul Gilmour. Sky Sports News HQ has been told Mourinhos agent Jorge Mendes is due to fly to England from China on Tue...

Montag, 12. November 2018, 05:46

who stunned Williams last w

PHILADELPHIA -- Maikel Franco and Freddy Galvis showed the Philadelphia Phillies a glimpse of the future. Franco hit a tiebreaking single in the seventh inning, Galvis was a triple shy of the cycle and the Phillies beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 4-3 on Tuesday night. "I always enjoy being the guy, whether its

Samstag, 10. November 2018, 06:45

played on tour at Indian

EASTBOURNE, England -- Former top-ranked Victoria Azarenka will return to competition next week at the Eastbourne grass-court tournament following a three-month layoff with a left foot injury. Tournament organizers say the Belarusian accepted a wild card entry Wednesday for the Wimbledon warm-up event. Azarenka last played on tour at Indian Wells, California, on March 7. She missed the French Open. Azarenka, currently ranked No. 8, is a two-time Australian Open champion and a two-time U.S. Open ...

Samstag, 10. November 2018, 06:43

igures they exchanged.

HOUSTON -- Bill OBrien got a bit antsy as his introductory press conference with the Houston Texans started to drag on and a question was posed about how much he knows about his new team. "Ive got a lot of work to do on this team and the sooner that I can get back to my office and start that work, itll be better," ha franchise-changing trade seven years ago. Now they have signed the free agent right-hander to a one-year contract in their search for depth in a rotation dealing with injury concern...

Samstag, 10. November 2018, 06:41

hwartz on the metaphorical ho

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Rex Ryan still isnt backing down.Sure, his future with the New York Jets appears dim. But the coach is conceding nothing, and that means he has every intention of beating the New England Patriots on Sunday.And, no, he wouldnt take back his statement shortly after he was hired in 2009 that he didnt come to New York to kiss Bill Belichicks rings.Oh, hell no, because I never came here to do that, Ryan said. I came here to kick his butt.That hasnt exactly been the case, thoug...

Samstag, 10. November 2018, 06:38

create a process to guide fut

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- David Beckham brought his international star power to the halls of the Florida Capitol on Tuesday, trying to rally support from the governor and legislators for the Major League Soccer franchise he plans to bring to Miami later this decade. Beckham was mobbed by legislators and legislative aides during his visit as they took to social media to document his visit. Even Gov. Rick Scott took a "selfie" of himself with Beckham. Beckham made no secret that he wants to tap into st...

Samstag, 10. November 2018, 06:35

hat we have to play better at

PITTSBURGH -- Pedro Alvarez homered and drove in three runs and Edinson Volquez pitched six shutout innings Sunday to propel the Pittsburgh Pirates to a 5-2 victory over the New York Mets. Ike Davis had a two-run single against his former team in a three-run first off Bartolo Colon. Alvarez added an RBI double off Colon (8-6) in the inning. Volquez (6-6) worked in and out of trouble, giving up eight hits and a walk. He struck out a season-high seven as the Pirates took three of four from the Met...